We are currently searching for a Pastor of Outreach to join our Elder Team and help lead our church to more effectively Send Disciples. We would love for you to prayerfully consider the position below.
- Shepherd the church alongside the existing Elders through preaching, teaching, leading, and caring for members.
- Oversee all outreach-related ministries, events, and initiatives.
- Lead and execute the outreach strategy to "Send Disciples" out from First Baptist to reach Muscatine and the World.
- Develop and implement strategies to help equip members of all ages to effectively share the gospel and reach their neighbors, co-workers, family, friends, etc.
- Recruit and train short-term volunteers for participation in church-sponsored missions trips to advance the gospel.
- Give oversight and direction to Kids and Youth activities aimed at reaching peers with the gospel.
- Integrate missions awareness and engagement into the existing services, groups, and teams of the church.
- Oversee our guest follow-up process focused on getting them connected into our church and engaged in our discipleship process.
- Help strengthen communication and partnership with our existing missionaries.
- Meet the qualifications set for Pastors/Elders in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Possess a genuine heart for the Lord and demonstrates this heart through an ongoing, committed relationship with Him.
- Understand and be committed to the beliefs, mission, vision, and values of First Baptist.
- Possess the spiritual gifts of evangelism and leadership.
- Have a heart for the lost and a desire to see them not only trust in Jesus, but also become fully equipped disciples of Him.
- Demonstrated experience in equipping members and teams to reach the local community and the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- A degree from an accredited seminary or Bible college, or equivalent ministry experience in a local church or mission field is preferred.
This is a part-time position with weekly hours TBD. The role could be made into a full-time position if the candidate is gifted in other areas of need or interested in church planting.